Saturday, March 6, 2010

News Break - What do you think?

I was wondering if anyone else thought it was strange of the United States Congress members  to all of a sudden proclaim a genocide and isolate Turkey, our most favorable middle east ally? 

The decision to do this reminds me of people who have an advent proclivity to smite themselves for fear of success.  It fathoms me why they would even broach this issue in the midst of a war against the middle east and risk turning an ally into an enemy.  I am not saying that they should not recognize it, and that the genocide didn't in fact take place but why would they speak up now? What about all the other genocides that went unrecognized.  There is a time and a place for everything and I think the United States is being very cavalier with the citizen's lives while risking important foreign relationships.  Any thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment